We collect data when you visit our website via Cookies. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that we create when you visit our website. We store these files on your web browser and we access them every time you visit our websites. They contain information regarding your visit and activity. For instance we keep information regarding your bookings as you explore our website, without cookies every time you left the page to visit a new link your previous choices would be lost.
While you are browsing our website some cookies may have been set by third parties which we have chosen to use as suppliers. We control their use of your data through contracts and they are only allowed to use your data strictly for the purpose we have stated.
Want to get rid of cookies?
You can manage your cookies if you so wish. They are kept on your web browser. Popular web browsers include Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Each web browser stores cookies in a slightly different file but they usually store them under Tools, Options, Privacy. You can choose your settings and how often you want cookies to be deleted. Do note that banning all cookies will make some websites difficult or impossible to navigate.
Why we need to and how we process personal data
- To respond to questions you may have asked us;
- To send you information we may think is of interest to you provided you gave us permission to do so (you may unsubscribe any time);
- To work on a matter you have assigned to us;
- Get in touch with you about your account or transactions;
- Identify, review and stop any activities that could breach our policies or break the law;
- When we need to protect the safety, security, rights and property of our customers or third-party partners;
- When we need to meet legal processes or if disclosure of the data is required by law;
- When we’re asking other companies like e.g. couriers, shipping and warehouse service provides, payment providers, IT platform providers, cloud storage service facilities, fraud detection and prevention providers, and customer service suppliers to deliver services on our behalf;
- We have contracts with these companies to make sure they only use your personal information for agreed services and meet legal requirement;
- When you’ve given us permission to share your information with third parties;
We share your personal data with the following
- IT Service providers – we use a series of trusted partners to provide us with IT services and system administration services – in regards to both our customer and partner facing activities as well as our internal IT and administration systems.
- Global payment provider and processing partners – to secure a safe and efficient payment process both online, in our stores or through invoicing or money transfers.
- Cloud storage partners – we store our and your data at secure data centers around the world.
- Tax and customs authorities, regulators and other authorities – who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Professional advisers – including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers globally, who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services to us.
How long we keep your personal information
We’ll keep your personal information as long as your account is active or as long as it is needed to provide a service. We have retention polices for each of the categories of personal information that we process.
If you’d like for us to delete your data, we’ll only keep information that we need for legal reasons, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements.
Data security and integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of customer information is extremely important to us. We use technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. All external transfers that contain personal information are done using encrypted technology. Credit card information is handled by approved service providers that meet PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards and have appropriate safeguards in place.
Although we regularly review our security procedures and evaluate new technology and methods to make our online channels safer, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Our customers, employees and partners also play an important role in protecting information. We encourage customers to choose passwords that are difficult for others to guess and to keep their personal passwords secret.
Should you notice any flaws or concerns in our security, please contact us as soon as possible.
If we ever experience a data breach in which customer information is at risk of being misused, we’ll contact customers according to legal requirements. If necessary, we’ll also contact data protection authorities.